Lamb Financial Group is an insurance broker positioned uniquely in the marketplace to serve the needs of social service organizations nationwide. We are one of the fastest growing insurance brokers in the region and are currently searching for National Sales Leader to join our team.
Deliver optimal insurance quotes to our Producers and Account Managers for their Prospects and Clients expediently
You are an entrepreneurial self-starter used to working in a rapid-paced and fast-growing environment. You are an optimistic, proactive person who generates a ton of ideas and is solution-oriented. You think outside of the box, often coming up with ideas that nobody else has thought of. You are analytical/numerate and strategic in how you approach your work - always starting with a “customer first” mindset. You have experience of managing a team focused on member engagement or CRM.
10 years of experience in a relevant marketing role, with strong experience in member engagement, retention, and lifecycle.
Results-driven marketer with exceptional quantitative and analytical skills.
Creative problem-solving skills with a focus on efficient execution, while balancing big-picture thinking.
Exceptional project management and organization skills with a keen eye for detail, requiring minimal supervision.
Proactive & independent, always looking for ways to take initiative and improve existing programs and processes.
Must be a collaborative, cross-functional team player and comfortable partnering with a variety of teams.
- Create, oversee, and report on a metric-based Lamb Quoting System
- Evaluate, grow and hold people accountable for delivering on system metrics
- Ability to negotiate terms and conditions
- Ability to Build/Develop/Enhance Carrier Relationships
- Using our internal database management system to organize and prioritize opportunities - new / renewal business
- Oversee marketing associate(s) and assist in managing the department's priorities
- Ensure submission-to-market timeliness
- Ensure quote timeliness
- Survey current market relationships to improve / create new relationships
- Training new marketing associates, as well as assisting Sales Managers in training of new producers
- Be a conduit between producers and service on retention
- Insurance expertise - deep understanding of insurance coverages and ability to articulate needs to carriers
The Senior Project Manager will manage client interactions and develop a trusted advisor relationship with clients
Manage multiple small, medium and large concurrent projects including timeline, deliverables, resources, financials, project governance and professional excellence
Serve as the primary client contact and project lead, ensuring the team's progress against established goals
Manage client expectations/project requests and escalate issues to the CIO, Practice Leader or other leadership as appropriate
Ensure financial measures are in place on every project to control costs, meet or exceed revenue and profitability goals
Provide oversight and review of change order requests
Prepare material necessary to support prioritization sessions with the senior leadership
Manage resource allocation on multiple projects – resources will be internal, external (including off-shore)
Must understand SDLC methodologies as well as distributed data management concepts
Contribute to the development of process standards to increase quality, improve automation & process efficiencies, and reduce ongoing effort
Coordinate and contribute to documentation and tools that are needed to support client teams, including a standard project plan, client meeting agendas and project status reporting tools
Lamb is the leading insurance broker for social service organizations. Dedicated exclusively to non-profits and social service organizations nationwide, Lamb provides property, casualty, employee benefits and risk management solutions to organizations of all sizes.
Lamb is a socially conscious organization boasting an amazing culture of relentless grit and continuous improvement. They go to work every day to positively affect people's lives. Lamb has been recognized the past 2 years as one of the best places to work in New York City (Crain's 2017, 2018).
Position Scope and Accountability: The Talent Development Director, reporting to the CHRO, will be passionate about driving employee engagement and development and about Lamb's social service clients. The successful candidate will build and deliver the organization's overall talent development and performance management strategy. S/he will be a trusted and strategic advisor to senior executives and key stakeholders across the business with respect to all aspects of talent management. This will include gaining a deep understanding of the company's business and talent requirements.
More specifically, the Talent Development Director will:
• Develop and deliver programs and processes for performance management, including performance evaluations, assessments, stakeholder input, calibration and talent cycle discussions
• Create and deliver management and leadership assessments and training
• Design and implement a process for high potential talent identification and succession planning
• Own the development and delivery of sales training, including Lamb's Producer Training Program
• Oversee the delivery of all technical, functional, regulatory and compliance training
• Lead continuous improvement of onboarding programs - sales, managerial and other functions
• Partner with Talent Acquisition and HR colleagues to identify and integrate behavioral competencies into all aspects of the People strategy
• Work with the executive team on coaching to help maximize individual and team effectiveness
• Assess on-going training requirements to understand the key learning needs across the organization
• Assess existing/emerging technologies to automate and simplify the delivery of People solutions
Critical Success Factors: The successful candidate has approximately 10 years of talent development experience, including a proven track record of developing and implementing successful performance management and employee development programs. The ability to take initiative while effectively partnering throughout the organization is critical for success in this role. This individual will be comfortable with ambiguity, have a high level of emotional intelligence, be approachable and care about who s/he serves. The most successful candidate will adapt quickly to change, be agile and resourceful, take pride in their work, and enjoy WINNING.
An undergraduate degree is required; Insurance industry experience a plus; excellent MS Office