Lamb is the leading insurance broker for social service organizations. Dedicated exclusively to non-profits and social service organizations nationwide, Lamb provides property, casualty, employee benefits and risk management solutions to organizations of all sizes.
Lamb is a socially conscious organization boasting an amazing culture of relentless grit and continuous improvement. They go to work every day to positively affect people's lives. Lamb has been recognized the past 2 years as one of the best places to work in New York City (Crain's 2017, 2018).
Position Scope and Accountability: The Talent Development Director, reporting to the CHRO, will be passionate about driving employee engagement and development and about Lamb's social service clients. The successful candidate will build and deliver the organization's overall talent development and performance management strategy. S/he will be a trusted and strategic advisor to senior executives and key stakeholders across the business with respect to all aspects of talent management. This will include gaining a deep understanding of the company's business and talent requirements.
More specifically, the Talent Development Director will:
• Develop and deliver programs and processes for performance management, including performance evaluations, assessments, stakeholder input, calibration and talent cycle discussions
• Create and deliver management and leadership assessments and training
• Design and implement a process for high potential talent identification and succession planning
• Own the development and delivery of sales training, including Lamb's Producer Training Program
• Oversee the delivery of all technical, functional, regulatory and compliance training
• Lead continuous improvement of onboarding programs - sales, managerial and other functions
• Partner with Talent Acquisition and HR colleagues to identify and integrate behavioral competencies into all aspects of the People strategy
• Work with the executive team on coaching to help maximize individual and team effectiveness
• Assess on-going training requirements to understand the key learning needs across the organization
• Assess existing/emerging technologies to automate and simplify the delivery of People solutions
Critical Success Factors: The successful candidate has approximately 10 years of talent development experience, including a proven track record of developing and implementing successful performance management and employee development programs. The ability to take initiative while effectively partnering throughout the organization is critical for success in this role. This individual will be comfortable with ambiguity, have a high level of emotional intelligence, be approachable and care about who s/he serves. The most successful candidate will adapt quickly to change, be agile and resourceful, take pride in their work, and enjoy WINNING.
An undergraduate degree is required; Insurance industry experience a plus; excellent MS Office
10 plus years in Human Resources
7-10 years concentration on Talent Management, Learning and Trainning
Experience with an LMS
Experience with Instructional Design
Bacehelor Degree in a related field